Friday, August 28, 2009

From Coorg

It is amazing how in this small little district of India they have access to the internet nowadays, which allows me to easily connect with others in the US and finalize our plans for renting a house. Anyway, I thought this was agreat opportunity to post and let you know of the happenings. I took the express bus from Bangalore towards Virajpet, which still ended up taking 5 hours to get to a small town in Coorg. I spent the afternoon walking around the paddy fields and we had several delicious meals consisting of mutton curry and various rice breads. In the morning we had another splendid breakfast with fresh produce and then I was led through the farm where I learned much about the crops, especially rice, coffee, oranges and a variety of fruits. In the evening we picked up a swamy ji and had a vegetarian feast with him. In the evening I came to Madhu's house and played with his youngest son as well as worked on designs for his local club house. For dinner he had some other guests over. The daughter I found out was going to be continuing her post graduate studies in Interior Design in England. I was astonished to find out there was a Coorgi in the design field and going to leave for England in just several weeks. It was great to talk to another designer and get her experiences and thoughts. Today has been very relaxed around Madhu's house with a walk around his estate as well as tasting a variety of fresh fruit juices. It was exciting when the dogs caught a chicken by the head and plucked half of its feathers. The chicken, as a result, pretended to be dead and when the dogs were not looking, proceeded to run away.

While here I will continue to eat some awesomely delicious foods as well as have the opportunity to attend a Coorgi wedding of Cannu's freind's sister. It should be a festive and colorful affair. The day after I will be leaving, but before I do I think we will try to go rafting. I think that is all for now, I did not expect to be posting from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment